- This event has passed.
Earth Day Art Contest
April 21, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
This contest will be held during the annual Nurturing Naturally Resource Fair to celebrate & honor the connection of mother & child through art & community awareness.
The art contest participants will be divided into two groups: Adults (18+) & Adolescents. Each group has a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place prize category, that includes either cash prizes or art supply gift packages. All art submitted must meet the following criteria:
- Must highlight the relationship between mother & child
- Artist’s are encouraged to include breastfeeding/ chest feeding &/or nature imagery
- Any medium can be used, but pieces should be kept to a reasonable size. *Sculptures will be limited to a max of 36 x 36 & drawings/paintings will be limited to a max of 24 x 30.
- Must be artist’s own image & own art
- Only one submission per artist
Interested artists must submit an entrance form (can we build this into the page where it collects name, address, age, art medium going to be used & way to pay entrance fee?) & pay a contest entrance fee: $10 for adolescents & $20 for adults. Entries must be received no later than one week prior to showing.
Art submitted will need to be brought by artist to event 1-2 hrs before event start time. Winning artists will be photographed with their piece, given time to speak about their art at the event & will be spotlighted in the coalition’s blog. All artists are welcome to sell their piece to interested community members at the event, agreeing that 15% of sales go back to the Coalition to use towards event costs & artist prizes.